Scholarship & Career Program Application
****To start a new application, press Apply on the left menu in blue to start a new application. Please note you do not have to fill out all of the applications, just the application needed, for example if you are applying for the Walter Charley Memorial Scholarship, only fill that application out and submit a reason statement and schedule with credits for new students and for returning students submit your schedule with credits and your unofficial transcript with most recent final grades. ***
Welcome to the Ahtna Scholarship and Career Program Application Site
Scholarship and Career Program Application. Ahtna has merged all of our scholarship and career assistance applications into one application. Please note if you are applying for the Natural Resource or Walter Charley Memorial Scholarship program outside of the scholarship time-line dates (See table below) your application will be denied.
Natural Resources Degree: Bachelor’s degree program in the Natural Resources field that studies the science and management of resources such as fish and wildlife, forests, range and water, as well as the development of sustainable environmental policies and human dimensions of natural resources.
You will find more information in the application.
****To edit your current application, press the Log in button on the top right corner to go into your current application.
Steps to apply for the Walter Charley Memorial Scholarship and Natural Resource Scholarship:
- Submit the online application form November 15 - December 15, 2023.
- Submit required supplemental documents by January 5, 2024.
Eligibility & Requirements WCMS
Eligibility for New Applicants
- Ahtna Shareholders who hold at least 10 voting shares (Original, Inherited, Gifted, Class L)
- Acceptance to an accredited college or university.
New Applicant Submission Requirements
- Submit online application form during open application dates November 15, 2023 - December 15, 2023.
- Provide proof of enrollment and registration, detailing semester class units/credits including school’s definitions of part-time/full-time status. January 5, 2024.
- Submit a one-page Reason Statement - A one-page statement where the Applicant shares their and their family’s history with Ahtna, and their future goals supporting Ahtna’s Corporation, People, and Region. Due by January 5, 2024.
Eligibility for Returning Applicants
- Must have received a previous Walter Charley Memorial Scholarship and are re-applying within 2 years.
- Must have earned at least a 2.0 GPA for the prior funded term. If your GPA is below a 2.0 you may still apply.
Returning Applicant Submission Requirements
- Submit online application form by November 15, 2023 - December 15, 2023.
- Provide proof of enrollment and registration, detailing semester class units/credits including school’s definitions of part-time/full-time status by January 5, 2024.
NEW****Annual Official Transcripts
- Submit official transcripts once a year by July 15 for previous funded terms by e-mailing email@example.com.
- If you have been funded in the past year we need to verify your grades via official transcripts once a year.
To apply for the Ahtna Vocational Scholarship, please apply at minimum 2-weeks prior to the training start date . You are also required to submit your school acceptance letter and tuition information and a reason statement (short essay of your goals).
Career Assistance Program Application and Ahtna Vocational Scholarship are open all year round.
Questions can be directed to Shareholder Advocates Tracy Parent (907-868-8221) or Starr Knighten (907-822-3476) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.